I wish when you clicked on this page you found a book written BY ME like you would find on most blogs. Hmmm maybe one day. Right now, this page will show some books I have read, that I would recommend as well as books that I WANT to read. Visit often as I believe this will be changing often.
BOOKS I HAVE READ:
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers ~ This is probably my all time very most favorite book of all time. Probably the only book in existence that I have ever read multiple times. I think every girl should read it.
- The Mitford Series by Jan Karon ~ A good, sweet series that is easy to read. I hear Hallmark is making a movie of this. I can’t wait.
- Her Mother’s Hope and Her Daughter’s Dream by Francine Rivers ~ (2 books Marta’s Legacy Series). I loved these.
- The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis – very eye opening. It was scary in a good sort of way.
- The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers – Comes close to replacing my all time favorite. Wonderful book!
- The Power of Praying for your Adult Children by Stormie Omartian ~ I have been through this book multiple times and I go back to it often. There are several books by her out there along this theme. I highly recommend any of these if you are going through something or a particular person, husband, child family member needs prayer. Some are very specific, some are general but these books will always help when you just don’t know how or what to pray.
- Walk to Beautiful – Jimmy Wayne ~ When you read his story you can’t help but want to be something beautiful for someone. (It might have to be a re-read)
- 1000 Gifts – Ann Voskamp ~ If you find you need a reminder of how you are blessed. Read this.
- The Broken Way – Ann Voskamp ~ This one shows you how to be a gift to others.
- It’s Not Supposed to be This way by Lysa Terkheurst – Great book! It will definitely be a re-read at some point.
- Chasing Vines by Beth Moore – I’m almost finished! I will never look at a grapevine the same way again! I’ve actually re read some chapters before going on because I wanted so bad to “get” what she was saying!
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron ~ This book taught me a lot about being creative, writing, painting. I realized that creating things has always been a part of my make up and it got me back in touch with it. You have to glean out what works for you but it had a lot of good tips that I think really helped me.
BOOKS I WANT TO READ: (Beware this list could get really long)
- Bird by Bird – Anne Lamott
- Nothing to Prove – Jennie Allen
- Let’s All Be Brave – Annie Downs
- Looking for Lovely – Annie Downs
- Me Before You – John Moyes
- Jane Austen books
- Chronicles of Narnia – C. S. Lewis (no I can’t believe I’ve never read them either)
- Love Lives Here – Maria Goff
- Love Does – Bob Goff
- Where the Light Gets In – Kimberly Williams Paisley